Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tired and overworked, but the list must go on

Thankfully one of my goals wasn't become more reliable, because I certainly would have failed meeting that one. I can't believe how insanely busy life has been for me the past couple weeks. I've got more work to get done than hours in the day causing me to be pretty sporadic about blogging of late.

Good news is the massive project that I've been working on is scheduled to go live on April 19, which is also the actual day of my big birthday. Perfect timing for me to complete #12: Climb the corporate ladder. But, today's blog is actually about the completion of #7: Make someone else's day. A week ago, yes it's really taken me an entire week to blog about it, I was able to cross off my 10th goal from my list. Yay!

I've mentioned quite a bit on here how much I adore my girlfriends and while I know how much I love them, I'm not sure I do a great job of letting them know how much their friendship means to me. So as part of being able to cross off #7 I sent a card through the mail to each of my closest girlfriends letting them know just that. I hope that it made their days.

The second part of completing #7 I reserved for my coworkers who put up with me and all my loud sighs day after day. Nothing says thank you better than cash, but I'm on a tight budget these days so I said thank you, and hopefully made their day, by bringing them the second best thing: Santiago's breakfast burritos.

Doing each of these things also made my day, which proves the old adage "It's better to give than receive" completely spot on. And because it gave me such a great buzz, I plan to incorporate more random acts of kindness into my life in hopes of making someone else's day a regular occurrence.

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment