Thursday, June 3, 2010

My last 100 days in office

I have less then 100 days till the big 30, and only 2 things crossed of the list so far... eek! So where am I at on this whole journey? Lots of things in progress and time for an update.

#4. I am officially signed up for the Disneyland Half Marathon... "The happiest race on earth". This will be the last Sunday before I turn 30 so just barley squeaking that one in. http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/disneyland-half-marathon/
#5. Not registered yet for the Playa Del Rey Run 5K but am for sure going to be completing it. http://www.playadelrun.com/
#11. 13 of 30 books read to date. This one is going to be close. If I can really buckle down and get some quality reading time in I should be close.
#12. Migraines... if you get them you know my pain. I was having at least one migraine a week when I started this a year ago. Now I am down to one or two a month. So what changed? Lots actually. I really started paying attention to what triggered them (sleep, stress and some foods), started going to acupuncture and started taking an antihistamine every day at the same time. It is amazing how much my quality of life has improved. I have also created my own little remedy concoction of 3 migraine aspirin and a Benadryl when I start to get one. Overall, I have have been able to reduce the frequency of my migraines and the duration when I do get one. Its not 100% better but I am crossing this one off as win.
#14. I started a program called Kinetix 3 weeks ago and am lovin it! It is based on the principal of eating six balanced meals (40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat) and exercising. I am eating healthier and working out 6 days a week. The food is great and I only have to be at the gym for 30 minutes which I am all about! Also, I still get to eat the food I love and cant live without, like sushi and mexican food, twice a week. If I can stick with it this one is as good as done. I am already noticing small changes in myself. http://www.kinetixliving.com/
#20. Not sure why creating a 401K is such an obstacle for me but it really is. I just cant commit to giving up part of my paycheck. So silly because it s for the greater good. Its like ripping off a band-aide... I just need to do it but I'm scared.
#22. Officially gave up television on 6.1.2010. It's amazing how much more you can accomplish when you are not getting sucked into shows like The Biggest Loser, Tool Academy and L.A. Ink. On 6.30.2010 this one is officially put to bed.
#23. One great part of Kinetix is that is is forcing me to learn to cook. I have to plan out every meal each week and most of them have to be pre-made so I can just grab them and go. I am actually starting to get kind of good at this cooking thing. I still don't love to touch raw meat and usually leave that part up to my hubby... but if I had to I could totally do it!
#24. Gonna play it smart on this one and plan to do it around June 22nd... the longest day of the year. I am going to need to plan on some sort of activities to keep me up all night. Love any suggestions anyone might have.
#25. Planning a Sunday morning routine has been a lot harder then I thought it would be. I made this goal so every Sunday wouldn't be spent sleeping in... but that is my favorite Sunday morning activity. One fairly consistent Sunday morning routine I have been able to get into is going to the gym. Not my favorite thing to do but I do notice that I am much more productive and feel much better on the Sundays I do. This one is still a work in progress.
#10, #26, #27 & #28 are all things that will really just have to be evaluated on September 8th and see if I feel like I have completed these things over the last year. I feel like I have been making some good progress on all 4 of these things so far.
#30. Officially booked our 30th birthday trip to Mexico! Yeah! September 10th -17th at an all inclusive, adult only resort and I can hardly wait!
At this point in the journey I am most concerned about finishing #2(Figure out what I want to be and make it happen), #15(Write a book- fiction or non fiction) and #17(Spend 30 nights sleeping under the stars). Time will tell on how far I can get on these...
-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment