Monday, October 26, 2009

30 Before 30 - B's Take

Hi, I'm B and I’ll be the first admit that I’m scared shitless of turning 30. I have no rational reason behind the fear, it’s just a scary number to me. Maybe it has to do with a living in a society obsessed with youth. Maybe I'm worried that I'm running out of time to live out my dreams. Maybe it's because I'm worried to wake up 30, look in the mirror and see a cougar. Crap, I don't want to become a cougar.

April 2009 marked the turning of the inevitable 2-9 and start of the countdown to the big (and scary) 3-0. It also marked the start of my 30 Before 30 journey with my friend K. What's this journey you ask? Simple, it's our way to look fear in the eye and accomplish 30 things before hitting that big, old, scary number. It's motivation to get our butts in gear and spend the next 12 months accomplishing goals instead of counting down days.

I've been on my journey for a while but since K just started hers we wanted to share our journey with our friends, family and fellow scared 29-year-olds in the easiest way possible ... enter the blog. So sit back, check back frequently and enjoy!

-B

0 comments:

Post a Comment