Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Twelve Days

In T-minus five hours I start my much anticipated holiday vacation. I have twelve days of freedom. No checking the blackberry. No responding to email. No thinking of work. In other words, sheer bliss. In addition to being a complete bum over my vacation I also plan to make some serious headway on my list. I had a complete panic attack when I realized in the middle of our holiday party last Saturday that I had four months to the day to complete it. Yikes!

I've also come to realize that many of my goals are progressive. They aren't driven by one single event, but more a development of a habit or characteristic. Having said that, I do feel that I've made some progress ...

#29 Set up monthly "family" dinners with friends: We've had two so far and have one scheduled for January (December was just way too crazy). I'd cross it off as done, but I think I need more than two to say I've set up monthly dinners.

#5 Work towards becoming debt-free: Every month the hubby and are making small dents on the mound of debt we have. We've got a good plan in place for 2010, so once a couple changes are made I'll be able to mark that off my list.

#19 Create a signature kick-ass cocktail (or master one already)/signature drink: My husband and I have claimed a classic cocktail, the Moscow Mule, for ourselves and it's now the drink of choice at our annual holiday party, as well as throughout the year for friends. I feel like I need my very own cocktail and while many would say "B, it's obviously the bubbly," I want something I can claim as purely me. I've got some ideas brewing in my head, but feel like if I can't come up with my own, my husband and I definitely have a monopoly on Moscow Mules.

#23 Take more pictures: My camera is with me at all times, and I've tried to be better about taking photos of the small moments in our life. In fact, I did just that last night when my husband and I went on date night to Zoo Lights. Normally I wouldn't have taken pictures, but last night I whipped out the camera to catch the beauty of the lights in an attempt to remember our night. I'll give it a little more time before I mark this off as done.

I hope all of you get some time to veg out during the holidays as well as create some wonderful memories with family and friends! Happy Holidays!

-B

0 comments:

Post a Comment