Friday, January 29, 2010

the mac is back!

In what I can only describe as a total freak accident, last Thursday I hastily picked up my mac to avoid spilled water and cracked the screen on my mac. No thanks to apple, I was able to fix my computer for a semi reasonable price and have it back!

The last couple of weeks have been big ones in my life. Here are the updates:

#7: Buy a Home- I would love to say that we bought a home last week… however that is not the case. Two and a half years ago my husband and I moved into my mom’s house. Primarily we made the move because our lease was up and we wanted it to be easier to close on a house. Being able to save some money before we got married wasn’t such a bad deal either. However, when my husbands company filed for bankruptcy last March we put our house buying dreams on hold. Since then reality has set in. At this point we could end up living anywhere in the world so buying a house is not really the smartest idea. So… last week we made the decision to move out. We have rented a very cute 1904 duplex closer to the city. Would we love to own our own home… of course, and conceding to the fact that we can’t really do that at this point in time has been a hard pill to swallow. However, since we are moving out of mom’s I am counting #7 as a win and checking it off my list.

#8: Pay off our wedding bands- Last week we made the final payment on my husbands’ wedding band!!! We still have my wedding band left to paid off… slowly but surely we will get there.

-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment