Monday, February 1, 2010

Snowshoeing does qualify as a true winter hobby

I was excited to cross another item off my list on Saturday when I went snowshoeing with the hubs, and K and her husband. Not surprisingly we had a blast and it’s definitely something that I want to do again.

So why is snowshoeing on the list? Being a Colorado native, playing in the snow is as natural for us as breathing. Most choose to fulfill their needs by heading up to the slopes and ski or snowboard, but it’s an expensive hobby. I picked up snowboarding late in the game when I was 21, and normally only go a handful of times during the winter. Needless to say I make up for my necessary snow time throwing snow at my dogs in my backyard or making snow angels in the park – things that really wouldn’t qualify as “winter hobbies.”

But I realized that I really can’t get any better snowboarding, it’s expensive, and after breaking my fall with my face two seasons ago and breaking my nose I needed to discover a new winter activity. Enter snowshoeing.

The thing I like most about creating this list is that I’ve discovered a lot of things that I now enjoy doing that I never would have pushed myself to try before. Trying snowshoeing may not have been a life altering item to complete like some others on my list, but it provided me an incredible day out with friends and a new hobby to pursue in the winter.

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment