Monday, February 8, 2010

Crossing off “family” dinners

Before I jump off on this blog I need to apologize for my complete lack of creativity. I’ve been sick for the past week and it’s zapped all of my creative juices. But enough about juices … what’s with the quote marks around family? Well, I needed to differentiate between my real family and my friends who I consider family. I probably could have come up with something more original, but I really wanted to stress the important role my friends play in my life. But that’s another blog for another time.

Having monthly “family” dinners was put on my list for two reasons. The first is that if I don’t schedule something, it doesn’t happen. Sure I’d still see my friends, but it’s always for someone else’s birthday, party, etc. Secondly I wanted to create a monthly event where I could consistently see the same group of friends (five couples) and foster our relationship over tasty food and copious amounts of wine. I’ll also say that it was one of my goals I was most looking forward.

I’m finally crossing #29 off my list following the fourth month of our monthly “family” dinners … we also have the next six months scheduled out. I’m so excited to say that they’ve lived up to the high expectations I had of them … and I think the friends I’ve set them up with enjoy too. I enjoying spending time at each friend’s house, as well as getting to host at mine. I love sitting around and catching up, seeing everyone’s kiddos, and learning more about these fabulous friends. I also love the new wines we’ve tried (and we've tried a lot) and the incredible talent we’ve developed regarding our ability to make a sexual innuendo about anything. Although last weekend wasn’t too hard; we had a taco bar.

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

1 comments:

Rob said...

I've long said that sexual innuendo is an olympic sport. Is it too late to inform Vancouver? Anyway, yeah the taco stand is pretty much on the "hot dog eating contest" level of sexual innuendo difficulty. Wicked blog.

Post a Comment