Friday, March 19, 2010

List rewind: Climb a 14er

K and I started our blog a little late in the game and by the time it launched, I'd already crossed off a couple of my items. Because I'm proud of those accomplishments, and you're probably wondering what I did to cross them off, I wanted to share with all of you. Enjoy!

I crossed off #2: climb a 14er on August 29, 2009 by climbing Torreys Peak (elevation 14,267 ft.) with K's husband and my husband. It was by far the toughest thing I've done off my list so far. #2 was added to my list because despite being a Colorado native, I'd never hiked anything over 10,000 ft. and I was going to be required to turn in my native card if I didn't climb at least one before hitting 30. 

Climbing it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I never thought my legs could burn so much and there were easily 100 separate times during the hike up that I was ready to call it a day. But I pushed on and managed to summit just over two hours after starting, and it was an incredible feeling to look out across the Rockies and know that I was just about as high up as I could get.

I swore I wasn't going to go another one, one was enough thank you, but K added climb a 14er to her list and I want to share accomplishing that goal with her like she shared running the Bolder Boulder with me.

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment