Thursday, March 18, 2010

Riddle me this...

Let me start with a little background information. I am not the type of person who meticulously counts calories or lives and dies by the scale. I generally eat what I want and monitors my weight through sporadic doctors appoints throughout the year. I have always been an active person and have been blessed with never having to really battle a weight problem.


With that being said when I turned 25 I went from having the figure of a boy (save breasts) to having things like hips and curves. Now, I do understand that I cant look like a 15 year old boy my whole life but I would like to not have things like muffin top and cellulite.
For the past two months I have been watching my caloric intake and exercising on a regular basis. To help increase my perception of accomplishment I decided to weigh in when I started this process. Thinking it has been two months I would do a check in on the scale and see how things were progressing. Minor heart attack when the scale said I have gained 9lbs. If that 9lbs was muscle I could rationalize it in my mind... but I assure you it is not.
So here's where I'm at now. For the last two months I have felt starving on days and I miss some of my very favorite foods. Do I stay the course and hope by being more diligent I will start to see the change I would like? Do I give up watching what I eat so I can eat and be happy but keep the gym routine going? Or do I just give up...
I started working on number 14 hoping to trim off a extra 10lbs, but now that 10lbs has doubled and it feels harder then ever to achieve my goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment