Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The cocktail to end all cocktails

During my romantic weekend in with the hubby I decided to tackle goal #19: create a signature cocktail or drink. Anyone who knows me would say champagne is easily my drink of choice. It’s what girlfriends gift me for my birthday, it’s what I get most excited about drinking and I think it’s symbolic of my personality: celebratory, sophisticated, a bubbly personality … and expensive .

Anyone who knows my husband and I would say that our signature couple cocktail are Moscow Mules. We’ve introduced many a friend to them either out at bars or at our annual holiday party. But vodka isn’t my liquor of choice, gin is, and ginger beer is hard to find.

But it seemed too simple to just choose champagne, how is stating something I know really meeting a goal? So the hubby and I hit up the liquor store and tried some combinations using my favorite tastes and liquor. The end result was ultimately representative of me, and something I plan on ordering as often as possible.

Pamplemousse Royale (pamplemousse is grapefuit in French)

2 oz. St.-Germain Liquor
2 oz. white grapefruit juice
Top with a brut champagne of choice (mine is Veuve)

We messed around with the amount of each part, and I think the above was the best combination. Mix it up a little to match your preferences and enjoy!

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

1 comments:

Shayna said...

That sounds delicious - I plan to try it soon :-)

Post a Comment