Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Don't let it whoop ya

Reading 30 books is going to be one of the hardest things to complete on my list. Life of Pi almost whooped me. I started reading this book just after the first of the year after finishing two books I couldn't put down. Needless to say this was a book I had a hard time picking up. Part 1 was long... and hard. Though Martel makes some interesting points that made me think twice, it could have been about 20 pages long instead of 100. Part 2 was much better. Straight to the point and action packed. Part 3 was was hit or miss... I could have done without it. It was a cute story that made me laugh out loud in places... but not one I would recommend as a must read.

All in all I am glad I didn't give up on it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the first 20 pages of Life of Pi and gave up.

Melissa said...

It's funny that you posted this. I was looking forward to reading "Life of Pi" a year or so ago, but when I finally bought it I only got 30-pages in before giving up. I just couldn't get into it, and I haven't picked it back up since.

Post a Comment