Monday, March 1, 2010

It was a big weekend!

Last weekend was spent crossing off a couple items from my list. It was so nice to cross them off the blog this morning, mainly because it finally felt like I was making progress. I’m going to blog about completing each item separately otherwise this post will become some sort of 12,000 word monster blog; exactly what everyone wants to read.

#27: spend a romantic weekend away from everything with the hubby

Originally I created this goal so the hubby and I would force ourselves to take a weekend out of our insanely busy lives and focus on spending time together and enjoying our relationship. After looking at finances and seeing six weddings on the calendar for this summer, not to mention that goal about getting out of debt, we decided to spend a romantic weekend at home away from family, friends and our phones to save some cash.

In my mind the weekend was going to be spent watching movies we’ve never seen, but feel like we should. Movies like “Casablanca,” “Roman Holiday,” and “Gone With the Wind.” We’d curl up on the couch and bond over classic romances, drink bottles of wine we had took home from Napa, and eat copious amounts of food.

In reality, our romantic weekend away couldn’t have gone more wrong. We signed up for Netflix so we could download movies cheaper than renting them and spent a large chunk of the weekend sorting out technical difficulties. We wanted to make homemade pasta for dinner on Sunday night; we ended up with big, dry piles of dough which we then had to clean up. We didn’t watch any classic movies, but instead spent most of the weekend watching the Tudors. I actually think this ended up better than forcing ourselves to sit through movies we’d probably hate. And, worst of all, I think we drove each other a little crazy and were anxious for the weekend to come to an end.

Oh we also had to leave the house, something we didn’t want to do, to attend a friend’s engagement party; fortunately we had a blast.

I’m a little disappointed that the weekend didn’t meet all of my expectations, but I still loved spending time with my husband who I continue to love deeply despite how much I annoy him and he drives me crazy. Also, if ever we want a romantic weekend away from it all we really need to go away so we can truly get away from it all. Netflix, chores and home cooking do not a romantic, relaxing weekend make.

-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment