Thursday, May 13, 2010

Take 2

Unfortunately, my worst fear with my list has come true... list revision! Last March my husband's company filed for bankruptcy. Since then he has been on the job hunt. We knew that relocation might be necessary, but we wanted to stay in Colorado. Good news/Bad news... my husband got a job and we moved to Rancho Cucamonga, CA. No need to adjust your screens... yes the name of our new city is Rancho Cucamonga.
Multiple items on my list involved places or events that were Colorado specific. I am going to try to replace those items with things that are as similar as possible. Drumroll please for the revamped list:
#7 Run the Cherry Creek Sneak. This would have been on 4.25.10. We moved to CA on 4.23.10. New plan- The Playa Del Run 5K on 7.18.2010.
#6 Run the Bolder Boulder. This is on 5.31.10. As much as my hubby wants to fly back to run the race it seems a little impractical. I on the other hand really want to run the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. It is the weekend before my birthday and I think it sounds like a lot of fun! I am on the fence between the half marathon and 5K option for this race. 13.1 miles may be more than I can handle... I'll keep you all posted on what I decide.
#11 See a concert at Red Rocks. I wanted to at least go and see the amphitheater before we left but didn't get the chance. Hope to still get to do this one someday. Since this is a venue that people from around the country travel to there is no California equivalent. The Hollywood Bowl is one of the options I'm considering... but for now this goal is taking offers.
#15 Hike a fourteener. Colorado is home to 54 fourteeners. California is home to 13. Apparently it is such a coveted event that you have to apply for a permit months in advance with the date and number of people in your party to be able to hike many of them. So, we may not be hiking an official fourteener but will hike a mountain with 3,000ft elevation gain.
Silver Lining? Completing the list should be easier then ever, especially things like #18 Tour 3 Wineries. Completing the list will also give us a chance to get out and explore our new home.
-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment