Monday, May 10, 2010

#4: Look better at 30 than I did at 29

When I first created this goal it was all about weight loss to me; getting back into what I’ve called my “fighting weight,” which is essentially what I weighed when I got married nearly four years ago. But over the last few months I realized it goes deeper than that. It’s about being healthy and it’s about being confident. To me, this was one of those goals that was progressive over the past year. It wasn’t about waking up one day and looking better than I did a year ago, it was about changing my attitude about what looking better involves.

I did lose weight from where I was a year ago. It was about half of what I wanted to lose, but I still lost it. More importantly I think I developed some good habits that are going to stick with me to help me not only keep losing weight and getting healthier, but also keep me off the roller coaster of weight gain that I’ve been on since I was 21.

I also feel like I gained a lot of confidence in myself. My husband helped a lot with this. He constantly reminds me how beautiful and sexy he thinks I am and I’ve occasionally started to believe him. I also found ways to work what I’ve got; the make-up lesson was huge in this.

Another item on my list is to be comfortable in my own skin; it’s not crossed off yet because I’m definitely not there … but the small steps I took to accomplish #4 is absolutely a step in the right direction.

-B

0 comments:

Post a Comment