Tuesday, May 4, 2010

B's back and she's 30

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this is in fact a blog.

Wow. K and I just sucked the last month blogging and updating on our journey. In K’s defense, she had a major life change which I’ll let her chat about … and I got sucked into the vacuum otherwise known as work. But I’m back and hopefully K will be soon too.

So, I’m 30. Yay? It really doesn’t feel any different, but at least I’m no longer afraid of it. I accomplished a lot in the last month, which will soon be blogged about, but I am proud to say that I completed 67% (20) of my goals. Not exactly what I was planning when I created my list, but life really got in the way. I’m going to continue completing goals (and blogging about it) because they were important to me from the start and something I want to follow through on. We’ll now call it the 30 before 31 list.

I’ve got to say though, by far the best part of turning 30 was ringing it in. It seriously lasted two solid weeks thanks in large part to my amazingly wonderful, fabulous friends. The birthday extravaganza started with a birthday surprise that included a limo ride up to a spa in Evergreen, spa treatments, Tattinger, yummy food and dinner with four of my favorite ladies. Amazing!!!!

The following Saturday was the completion of goal #30: celebrate turning 30 in style … and boy did we. I was joined by approximately 50 friends and family members at a wine bar in Lodo for wine, cake and more wine. Combined with a fabu new dress, FMPs and the perfect smokey eye (courtesy of my previous make up appointment), I seriously felt like a million bucks. And I even had my first happy birthday sing along.

The following Monday was the actual birthday and I was surprised by a bottle of Veuve by my coworkers, beautiful roses from my godfather/Uncle Bob, and an amazing home cooked meal by the hubs that included steak and a bottle of bubbly from our trip to Napa.

The celebration wrapped up that Friday following the week of work from hell – seriously, I’m not kidding – at Capital Grille with coworkers for more champagne, Stoli Dolis and cake. Yum!

I honestly couldn’t have celebrated in a more wonderful fashion and am so grateful to have such amazing people in my life. Thank you all!

And despite K’s and my desire to stay anonymous … I just have to post a photo showing how happy I was despite my fear of turning 30.


-B

Get 30 Before 30 Updates by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment